How To Apply For an Alcohol License in Greene County
All Applications Begin at the State Level
To apply for an alcohol license in Greene County, the process BEGINS with the Georgia Department of Revenue.
Steps to Obtain an Alcohol License
- Navigate to the Georgia Department of Revenue
- Start the application process to obtain a Georgia Alcohol License.
- When prompted, complete Greene County's application and gather all supporting documents.
- Application and supporting documents are uploaded to the Georgia Department of Revenue site.
- When a confirmation number is received, remit payment to the Greene County Board of Commissioners.
- Complete the fingerprinting/background check. (Directions will be sent to you in an email after payment is received.)
- Application will go before the Board of Commissioners for approval.
- If approved, Greene County will notify the state for you to receive your state license.
Board of Commissioner's Approval
All Alcohol License applications must be approved by the Board of Commissioners. The Board of Commissioners meet on the second Tuesday of the month. To be included on the agenda, we must have a COMPLETE application packet no later than the third Friday of the previous month.